Download Signal - Private Messenger for iPhone, iPad
Size: 135.5 MBFree
Millions of people use Signal every day for free and instantaneous communication anywhere in the world. Send and receive high-fidelity messages, participate in HD voice/video calls, and explore a growing set of new features that help you stay connected. Signal’s advanced privacy-preserving technology is always enabled, so you can focus on sharing the moments that matter with the people who matter to you.
• Say anything – State-of-the-art end-to-end encryption (powered by the open source Signal Protocol™) keeps your conversations secure. Privacy isn’t an optional mode — it’s just the way that Signal works. Every message, every call, every time.
• Go fast – Messages are delivered quickly and reliably, even on slow networks. Signal is optimized to operate in the most constrained environment possible.
• Feel free – Signal is a completely independent 501c3 nonprofit. Development is supported by users like you. No advertisements. No trackers. No kidding.
• Be yourself – You can use your existing phone number and address book to securely communicate with your friends.
• Speak up – Whether they live across town or across the ocean, Signal’s enhanced audio and video quality will make your friends and family feel closer.
• Whisper in the shadows – Switch to the dark theme if you refuse to see the light.
• Sound familiar – Choose custom alerts for each contact, or disable noises completely. Simon & Garfunkel wrote a hit song about it in 1964, and you can experience the sound of silence whenever you want by choosing “None” as your notification ringtone.
• Picture this – Use the built-in image editing features to sketch, crop, and flip your outgoing photos. There’s even a text tool so that you can add more words to the 1,000 that your picture is already worth.
For support, questions, or more information, please visit:
Follow us on Twitter (@signalapp) and Instagram (@signal_app) for all of the latest updates and announcements.
What's New in Version 5.2.1
This update is filled with dozens of changes! Here are a few highlights:
• Adjust your media download preferences to control when attachments get downloaded (Settings > Data Usage).
• We added support for longer group names in languages like Hindi where the previous limit was too small.
• We raised the group call limit from 5 to 8, so now you can call it even.
• Share something funny from other apps with multiple Signal chats at the same time.
• Use the optional shortcut to enable a shareable group link when you create a new group.
• Additional file attachments can now be opened right from within the app.
• Now you can easily see the latest Signal profile photo that your contacts have chosen, but we added an option to always show system profile photos if you prefer the old behavior (or start to miss the blurry photo of them from 9 years ago that has travelled across multiple SIM cards).
• Video quality and size improvements.
• We fixed a bug that prevented iPad users from tapping Send when sharing content from other apps, and another bug that prevented WebP images from sending properly on iOS 14.
Interested in helping improve Signal? We're hiring. Visit https://signal.org/workworkwork to learn more.